Re: Various new years things.

Wiley, it sounds like you had a tire with a bad casing, or irregular wear
pattern rather than a bad rim.  As far as the brakes go, I don't know what to
tell ya.

jim

"Cox, Wiley" wrote:

>         Well, I finally got my snow tires on (Kleber) and discovered
> that apparently one of my Alloy Teardrops has SOMETHING wrong with it,
> because the vibration I thought was a wheel bearing going bad has
> vanished, and the pulling on acceleration I thought was a ball joint has
> ALSO vanished.  I've never had a ride so smooth, even on big knobby snow
> tires. :)
>
>         I have another question for you folks, though, even though I
> think I know the answer.  When I go to stop, the brake assist doesn't
> really kick in until I "pump it up".  That means I have to step on the
> brakes three or so times before the pedal quits ending up so CLOSE to
> the floor for maximum braking ability.  After I pump them 2-3 times, I
> can breathe on the brakes and they stop quickly.  I'm guessing I've got
> a bad brake assist booster, that large object between the master
> cylinder and the firewall.  I've already checked all the cylinders on
> the wheels, and replaced the master cylinder, and bled the brakes out
> about 6 times.  Anyone else got anymore ideas?
>
> -WileyC
> 1984 Red 8v (Praying now for some serious snow...)

Jim Buck
1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v
1987 Scirocco 16v "lil 109"
1982 Rabbit Convertible **FOR SALE** http://www.mixi.net/~vwpride/cabbie.htm