From: "Cox, Wiley" <Wiley.Cox@glenayre.com>
To: "'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Various new years things.
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:13:35 -0500

	Well, I finally got my snow tires on (Kleber) and discovered
that apparently one of my Alloy Teardrops has SOMETHING wrong with it,
because the vibration I thought was a wheel bearing going bad has
vanished, and the pulling on acceleration I thought was a ball joint has
ALSO vanished.  I've never had a ride so smooth, even on big knobby snow
tires. :)

	I have another question for you folks, though, even though I
think I know the answer.  When I go to stop, the brake assist doesn't
really kick in until I "pump it up".  That means I have to step on the
brakes three or so times before the pedal quits ending up so CLOSE to
the floor for maximum braking ability.  After I pump them 2-3 times, I
can breathe on the brakes and they stop quickly.  I'm guessing I've got
a bad brake assist booster, that large object between the master
cylinder and the firewall.  I've already checked all the cylinders on
the wheels, and replaced the master cylinder, and bled the brakes out
about 6 times.  Anyone else got anymore ideas?

-WileyC
1984 Red 8v (Praying now for some serious snow...)