Re: Lowering

From:          "MarkThomas" <scirocco.gt@virgin.net>
To:            "Scirocco List" <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject:       Lowering
Date:          Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:20:27 -0000

If you are patient and have spare time you can cut your springs with
a die grinder or regular grinder.  A hack saw may work but will take
a lot of time and a few spare blades.  I have friends who did this
and it works decent.  Not as good as lowering springs but much better
than stock.  I can't remember how much they cut out but it was like
1/2 to 3/4 coils in the rear and 1 in the front they were about equal
to the ride hieght of lowering springs.  don't quote me on the # of
coils though,  it has been awhile since I have done that.  The best
bet is to start small then cut more.  You need a spring compressor to
dissasemble but you can put them back together with out a compressor.
hth
Tony
any more Q's on this ask away

What is the cheapest way to lower a scirocco.
My car has far too much body roll but I don't have much cash.
Is it possible to just fit lowering springs or are other changes also
necessary?

Mark Thomas '87 Scirocco GT
Email: scirocco.gt@virgin.net