Re: Lowering

At 06:20 PM 1/5/99 -0000, MarkThomas wrote:
>    What  is the cheapest way to lower a scirocco. My car  has far too much
>body roll but I don't have much cash. Is it possible to just fit lowering
>springs or are other  changes also necessary?
>

> Mark Thomas '87 Scirocco GT
>Email: scirocco.gt@virgin.net

You will tear up the current shocks if you just install lowering springs,
or cut some coils off the stock ones ( don't do this ).

It is better, IMHO, to save up and do the whole thing as a project. Plan on
replacing the bushings, both shock towers and bottom pieces, consider poly
on the bottom and rubber up on top for a daily driver.

You can get the whole thing done for about $500-600, and even less. A big
chunk will be the $400 shocks and springs package. These are ballpark
numbers so take them with a pinch.

Another thing to consider is the effort and/or paid time to take the thing
apart and back together. There is an alighnment to consider, a good thing
to do when something major like this is done.

So, plan ahead, save up your pocket change and look forward to the  near
future when you will be stylin' & profilin'.

TBerk