Re: RPM'S

> My concern is that at highway speeds, 60-65, by the
>spedometer, my engine runs well over 3,000 rpm in fith gear. It just seems
>pretty fast. I was wondering if that is normal, or if I am really going
faster
>that what my speedometer is telling me.

That's just about exactly right.  As a rule, double the RPMs (3000), knock
off a bunch of zeros, and you'll have the speed (60mph).  And yes, it is WAY
too fast, which is why I'm going to the higher ratio 5th gear kit that TT
sells for $225.

Mark Langford,  Huntsville, Alabama
mailto:langford@hiwaay.net
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford