Re: X-country! (Again)

On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 00:05:22 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

>Well, I just saw off Shawn, Julie, Chris, and the Toollies (sp?).
>I'll let someone else tell you guys the about Lombard st in SF.  : P
>Will, If you're anywere near the bay area drop me a line,
>TBerk

Oh yeah, Lombard St. was alot of fun, wasnt it! Ah well, its not my story
to tell but I DO have pics to proove it. :)

MAde it home around 5:pm today. Lots of fog as soon as you said goodbye
all the way til I gave up the 65mph trek in visability of one car length.
Wasnt worth the risk so we stopped about 100 miles north of our intended
goal for the night.

Before that, we got gas and then was in search of a hotel when all of a
sudden I had no power to the wheels. Tranny popped and then nothing.
change gears, nothing. Clutch worked, just no power to the ground.

Climbed under the car at 1:30am in 25 degree weather to find my drivers
side inner CV had unbolted itself.

I think somebody at the Sac meeting played a little trick on me or
something. :)
The last bolt sheered itself. That would of been the pop we heard. I
thought I might of broke the R&P but never fear, I had a spare tranny in
the trunk! Luckily I was simply able to reinstall the bolts and get back
on the road. I didnt think I could of gottn away without having some kind
of problem on this trip. I think that incident on Lombard St. was meant
for me! :)

Anyways, I had a great time with everybody and im damn glad to be home.
Northern Ca is too cold for my blood. (81deg when I got home. Ahhhh.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego and Sacramento!
Right Brian?