Re: extra fuel and rust

>I can speak to the fifth injector fuel enrichment module thing. I have one
on my
>Rabbit GTI. The full-throttle switch activates the fifth injector through a
>couple of relays that turned out to be necessary. Anyway, it gives an extra
>boost at high rpm's but makes the engine bog a little at very low rpm's. I
think
>I'm actually delivering a little bit too much fuel- I wonder if you can
make the
>fifth injector open a little less by using a resistor or something. I
dunno. If
>you are interested, I have a schematic that I made of it in .bmp format
that I
>could email to you.
>    -Josiah
>    '84 GTI
>    '86 Scirocco 8v
>    '87 QSW

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm going to try this mod soon.  I am
interested in that schematic though.  Why would you need relays?  As far as
I understand it the positive to the fifth injector is on all the time when
the ignition is on, and the negative is what triggers it to come on.  So if
you have the switch grounding the injector you shouldn't need any relays?!

Andy