Re: Scirocco at v_max - was : Porsche death in Toronto ...

Dirk Schneider wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >> for those of you unfamiliar) at about 200 km/h.  Needless to say, he
> >> and his occupant were both pronounced dead at the scene.
> >>
> >> We all love speed, but there's a time and a place for it - and public
> >> roadways just aren't it.
> >
> >Wow, that's heavy. If would even consider doing 200, I sure as hell
> >wouldn't do it in the Scirocco! Sorry guys, but I love my car, but at
> >200? EEP! When I get that thing up to 150 km/h, it starts shaking and
> >jumping all over the place!

I just had my Rocco (with all 4 Blizzaks) up to 120mph this weekend. It
was solid to about 110. After that only slightly unstable. Can't wait to
get the summer tires back on.
P.S. It was on a deserted stretch of interstate at 3 o'clock in the
morning. The only time a speed demon is out!!!!

Feenix
88 16V