Re: article in new EC

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:52:29 -0800 Kevin Collins <kevinc@flashcom.net>
writes:
>-funny exerpts snipped-
>HA!  Pretty funny stuff.  Sounds like one of the anti-Honda nazis you
see
>trolling in r.a.m.v.w. all the time.  The good news in there is that
>apparently the Mk4 platform handles quite well with this upgrade.

Very strange that EC would let something which could, and probably
should, be takes very offensive to many Honda owners? Hmm. Then again, in
every group there are the flunkee's that show up driving a honda or
seeming all to often, are driving a VW and worse, a Scirocco.
You know this is the case when you say to yourself while watching the
bonehead drive away, "Why does he have to drive a Scirocco? Why cant it
be ANY other make of car".

EC really doesn't have alot of credentials when it comes to performance
additions, in my book. A prime example was the "project Scirocco 16V" by
Peter Wu. it was nothing about what additions gave what performance. Not
about that at all. It was about, "Hey, give me free parts and labor and I
will write up an article for you in EC". it wouldn't of irritated many of
us IF he would of done some basic homework and MAYBE, just maybe done a
dyno run or two to show the gains, if any.

EC says this cam is great? That's probably nothing more than
advertizement for that company. I tend to shy away from what EC says,
unless its "James Sly" saying it. He seemingly knows his stuff and the
vast majority of his articles are interesting, informative and from what
I can tell, accurate.

I find myself reading "Turbo" and "SCC" mag more often than EC. Its rare
that there are any VW's in there but as far as leading edge technology on
4 cylinder performance motors goes, there's some amazing stuff in those
mags. Some people need to get over the "Its a Honda" trauma and accept it
for what it is, one hell of a performing mo-fo.

Ah well....

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and