Re: Universal window tint (PLEASE EDIT AND POST THIS ON SCIROCCO.ORG)

PLEASE EDIT AND POST THIS ON SCIROCCO.ORG

Windows tinting sciroccos is easy...I am not sure what kind of tint
Universal  is but if you are talking the PEP/parts america special DON'T GET
IT! It turns purple in time.....make sure you get some optical grade windows
film or you will not be happy. I bought 60% (this mean 60% of the light
still get through or 40% is blocked). I do peoples cars all the time around
here for $200 plus each.

                   I will give ya some tips for install. Always have a
supply or sharp razor blades on hand. Don't even try to cut the tint to the
size of a window leave plenty of space around the edges you can cut it off
later. Here is a little trade secret I learned...take an old windex bottle
(or do like I end up doing and poor the old into something else temporary)
make a mixture of dawn dishwashing soap (really any will do) and warm (not
hot) water. Mix this mixture till you can feel the water is very slippery
between your finger (if you have soft water you will not have to add much).
Ok now a VERY important part of the install is a scweegie of some sort. This
tools should be  soft as to not mark the tint but also firm enoughto apply a
fair amount of pressure. I use one I found when I was at a flea market and
also have found the ones it kits/or that say for tinting mark tint really
bad. I also for large windows use an old windsheild wiper blade that I took
apart and soak in the water/soap mixture all the time to keep it soft. See
the soap is a trick if you do not use it when you place the tint on the
windows you are done....the soap allows you to be able to move the tint in
place and even take it back off of the window if you need too (most do not
use this) and it will remain this way for about an hour before it starts to
set and I am sure anyone who has worked with tint without this will admit
this is ,the hardest part of tinting is getting the tint where you want it
before it sticks.
                 OK so now you have the tint cut very roughly leaving alot
of space on all sides. Take your sprayer a litterally soak the windows on
the entire surface that you intend of tiniting putting allot of mixture on.
Peel the backing off the tint being careful not to fold the tint AS YOU ARE
PULLING THE FILL OFF SPRAY ALLOT OF MIX ONTO THE TINT....this is another
problem that ruins alot of tinting jobs if you do not do this you will end
up sticking the tint to inself and get mighty pissed that you ruined an
entire window sized piece.
                Ok now make sure the window is really wet again and slide
the tint from the bottom of the window up. Now just take your palm and start
to whisp across the film (gently do not pres really hard) and make sure that
the film is staying somewhat how you need it to be but this is not that
important because you have that mix on the window so you can still move the
film. When you have the film sitting how you want it and you are sure all
side have plenty of tint hanging over then edges take your palm or the
squeegie you are going to use and start to push the extra water from behind
the tint (make sure the tint is where you like it at this point) Cut the
extra tint off of the widow. At this point you will start to see little
bubbles everywhere do not worry about these at all at this point. Move your
squeegie from the center out slowly pressing the tint to the window. Do this
until any and all bubbles are gone (takes about a half an hour for side
windows and about 1 to 1.5 hours for back windows) be patient this is the
important part do not rush or press hard just keep pushing the bubbles from
the middle to the closest edge. This part will frutrate you but the bubble
will keep coming back and when they do keep pushing them away. I have done
the same spot over 3 to 4 hundred times and finally it stick perm. Why you
need to do this is actually because of the water you put on the window/tint
but it is not possible to do a good job without doing this! Any bubbles you
have will come out! There is no reason to even have one bubble when you are
done. People who have bubbles did not use my water/soap mixture and without
it you will have bubbles. Now if for some reason you have a bubble you are
really getting mad at (it will always be twards the corners) just take you
mixture you made and lift the corner and blast it again lift the tint back
up to just a little past the bubble and spray it really good again and start
over in that spot. This will place a new layer of water behind the tint and
allow it to reseat on thw window. The tint job will only look as good as the
time you spend squeeging the tint. The best time to tint is on a 70075
degree day (or garage) and sunny is a must. When you are tired of getting
rid of the bubbles let it sit in the sun for an hour come back and make sure
everything is seated correctly still on the window push and more bubbles you
find out again. on back windows with defrost you will have to get rid of the
bubbles for weeks after you tint just place your thumb on the defrost lines
and keep pressing them away. They eventually will leave believe it or not.
Repeat the sun/pressing water out untill you are happy.Back windows will
also require the use of two pieces of tint intest of one. If possible always
join the tint in the middle of a defrost line and never join the tint at a
spot where you will always be looking through.

PLEASE EDIT AND POST THIS ON SCIROCCO.ORG