Re: Universal window tint

At 11:21 AM 2/28/99 -0500, mark hausler wrote:
>I have always done my own window tint. Have done it on several cars. I
always remove the windows. It is a PITA, but it allows me to take my time
on the install. I have always used the Pep Boys stuff but the most
expensive they have. The ones I have seen are graded by quality. Also DO
NOT wash the applied tint with a windex type product. Ammonia will turn
your tint purple. Use only plain water or a mild soap and water, like the
mixture you used to apply the flim. Mine have never turned purple

>HTH

Ahha, well that explains it.  I never use ammonia based cleaners either.  I
usually use ClearVue, which I believe, is alcohol based.  I used to have
some tint conditioner, which I got free from the guy that tinted the
Scirocco.  Anybody have any opinions of this stuff?

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)