Re: Poor channel receiving in factory stereo

Probably the Antenna wire

Make sure it is
a) plugged in
b) not broken

If that isn't it, it could be a break on the inside (unlikely, but...)

If you can receive only the strongest FM, and basically no AM at all
(am is harder to pick up) It is something wrong with the wire......

should be a fairly cheap fix

---Brad Sterling <bgsterling@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	Since the stereo upgrade money is going into body repair, I could
use some
> help fixing my stereo issues.  I've got an '86 16V with a stock
system
> (Fuba, head unit, wiring, etc.) that had a RF CD player
> attached.  Problem is, I can only receive the strongest 4 stations
on the
> radio dial (1 is religious, 2 are Spanish, and 1 is adult
contemporary).
>  All other stations come in with distortion.  The CD and the tape
work
> fine.  To the best of memory, this has been the case since I got the
car
> (5+ yrs ago).  I can pull in other stations fine with the $100 head
unit in
> my Scout, so I should be able to pull them in the 'roc.  Any thoughts?
>
> -Brad
> The U-boat Commander

majordomo@scirocco.org.

==