Poor channel receiving in factory stereo

Hi all,

	Since the stereo upgrade money is going into body repair, I could use some
help fixing my stereo issues.  I've got an '86 16V with a stock system
(Fuba, head unit, wiring, etc.) that had a RF CD player
attached.  Problem is, I can only receive the strongest 4 stations on the
radio dial (1 is religious, 2 are Spanish, and 1 is adult contemporary).
 All other stations come in with distortion.  The CD and the tape work
fine.  To the best of memory, this has been the case since I got the car
(5+ yrs ago).  I can pull in other stations fine with the $100 head unit in
my Scout, so I should be able to pull them in the 'roc.  Any thoughts?

-Brad
The U-boat Commander