Re: return of stick shift 'play' - and a bit o philosophy

>Actually.. I have .5" right-to-left and like 2" forward-backward, which
>seems odd to me..

odd to me too.   did you do it your self or have a mechanic do it? sounds
like multiple links in the chain building up to a greater front-back
distance.
(?gestaltism? the whole is greater than the sum of the parts? i knew that
philosophy class would come in handy some day.)

I used to be a do-it-yourselfer but since I found a mechanic that I trust,
I'm a firm believer in the right man for the right job. ...and if something
goes wrong, i can blame him ;)

Derek Tarvin
87 16v Scirocco
{definately greater than the sum of it's parts}