VW Scirocco 1 Beef

My frustration with VW over their neglect of the Scirocco 1 grows as I find more and more parts becoming unavailable. This is particularly annoying when it comes to things like window seals and such. So . . .
I got on the WWW.VW.DE site and used their web forms to voice my dismay:

"Dear VW,

It has come to my attention that you have ceased supplying parts for the 1974-1981 Scirocco. While I can understand your reluctance to continue to supply parts for these cars, I cannot understand why you are not selling the tooling to aftermarket suppliers.

Here in the United States, the Scirocco has a considerable following (Collectible Automobile magazine has named the Scirocco 1 a "Future Collectible". It is now becoming fundamentally difficult to obtain essential items such as new window seals, etc.

I believe this is fundamentally opposed to the VW philosophy - please consider my comments carefully.

Mark Peele
1987 Golf GT
1982 Scirocco
1981 Scirocco S
1978 Scirocco
WWW.SCIROCCO.ORG"

Once I get a response, maybe I'll have an email address that we can all (politely) flood with similar complaints - maybe they will sell the tooling off to some aftermarket manufacturer - and make me happier.

After all . . . that is their job - right?

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT