RE: 16v purchasing - what to look for?

Personally, I'm not sure I would want a lower 1st or 2nd gear. The 16v RPM
range is so narrow that you need the close-ratio tranny to keep it in the
upper RPMs. I'm guessing that your RPMs drop more than mine after a gear
change, so it probably doesn't stay as much in the optimum range. I might
sacrifice a little right off the line in first compared to you, but as soon
as my RPMs come up, they never go down again. Then again, I figure if I
still have trouble avoiding wheel-spin in 1st, I must limited by the tires
and my ability, since the engine obviously has enough uumph to push the
tires to the limit, right? If that's true, I just need a little more work
with my gas/clutch movement. A 2.0 block might change all that talk about
narrow RPM range, though.

This is all purely logical deduction, so I may be talkin' outta my arse
here...

Neal