close ratio tranny, was: RE: 16v purchasing

actually, the 2H has the exact same gear ratios as the 2Y (or whatever
tranny you have in your 16V, stock...).  the only difference is the 3.94
final drive vs. the 3.67 final drive in yours.  so the rpm's drop exactly
the same amount in each gear, but each gear in the 2H has a little more
leverage than each gear in the 2Y, thus the higher rate of acceleration...

chris
86 16V scirocco