RE: 16v Distributor

oil in the distributor means the dist. seal has failed, you'll need a new
dist.  i've heard of seal kits, but they require disassembly of the
distributor and from what i've heard they do not last long.  of course
YMMV...  oil in the plug hole means your valve cover gasket is leaking, not
hard to replace.  just don't strip those two long bolts that hold the cover
on in the middle!  (i learned the hard way to go easy on 'em...)

chris
86 16V scirocco