16v purchasing - what to look for?

Ok, due to the support of the list (Thanks Shannon <dripping with
sarcasm ;)>) I am gonna take a look at a 16v this weekend that is
(from the owners POV) tight.  Now I am pretty familiar with the 8v
problems, but I need to know what specifically to look for on a 16v
when purchasing.  Is there anything else to look for?  The engine has
145K on it, but from the description the guy has maintained it pretty
well (at least he knows what parts he is talking about)
New suspension, exhaust, transmission, clutch, etc...

Also, just out of curiosity, wht is the stock HP of 8v vs 16v - is it
90 v 125?

I am getting itchy.... I NEEED that power... I miss that feeling of
G-Forces slamming me back in my seat from my old turbocoupe

==
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v