Re: Grease shifting Linkage?

At 03:00 PM 2/22/99 -0500, CAPTIANBR@aol.com wrote:
>I was thinking about putting some sort of grease, like wheel bearing
grease or
>something like that on all of the bushings and connections on the shifting
>linkage, to smooth out the operation, and possibly slow down wear.  Will this
>help? Has anyone done this?  Or will it Hurt?  My linkage is around 3 years
>old and it does not go into 1 and 2 as smoothly as I would like it to-- 3,4,5
>are not as bad.  It will always go into gear but it feels like something is
>stopping it just before it goes into gear and I have to put a little more
>pressure on it to get it past that "notch" and I thought some grease may
help.
>Thanks everyone
>Brian 86 16v

The Bentley manual recommends lubricating the linkage pivot points with
some molybdenum disulphide(spelling?) grease.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)