Re: Scirocco vs. GTi

Im not sure exactly what the numbers are, but even the 2L GTi's are
slower then our 1.8 16v sciroccos.  They are way heavier and have more
toys on them....  I have pulled under 8 secs 0-60 (7.53 to be exact),
Thats faster then my friends G60 Corrado (he has 120K, rebuilt Glader,
sport wires, CoolFlo w/ ITG, same size tires, STAGE III, etc).  The
fastest he ever pulled has been a 7.8.  I dont know about the wheelbase,
but i believe its either the same or longer then ours (kinda like how
the GTI has more room, and so does the jetta).  But anyway, the 1.8L 16v
GTis are Dogs for some reason. Especially on the highway. What is wrong
w./ them??

Pete

>With the impeding purchase of my autocross vehicle for this season
looming, I
>figured I'd play devil's advocate and put this question to the list:
>What is the advantage, if any, of a Scirocco 16V over a similar vintage
GTI

majordomo@scirocco.org.