Re: Fwd: 80-83 exhaust same?

Mark Peele wrote:

> >i'm trying to find out if an exhaust from an 83 will fit on a 80
> >rocco.....i'm pretty sure it will, as they both have the full size
> spare
> >tire well...i just want to know for sure
> >
> >dave
>
> Yes, the exhaust from an '83 will fit a 1980 Scirocco. However, you will
> experience a power loss since you will be downgrading from the dual
> exhaust manifold to a single outlet manifold.
>
> However, you could swap out the cat back stuff, depending on which motor
> the '83 has. Early 1983 U.S. Sciroccos had the EN motor, late '83
> Sciroccos came with the JH motor. The exhaust on these two motors is a
> little different [I am looking at my VW Muffler Systems Quick Reference
> Catalogue 1979-1989].
>
> Dave, give me a call tonight (or today).
>
> Mark Peele

OK, Good Stuff.

If we consider that the car will have the stnd. dual down pipe, a cat.,
and focus on the cat back portion;

Is the determining factor one of full vs mini spare tire compartment
size and the routing of the pipe in this area, OR is it just a question
of having extra pipe sticking out he back?

Context in my case is MkII exhausts adapted to an '81 Mk1.

tia, & pls. be patient with me.

TBerk