Fwd: 80-83 exhaust same?

>i'm trying to find out if an exhaust from an 83 will fit on a 80
>rocco.....i'm pretty sure it will, as they both have the full size
spare
>tire well...i just want to know for sure
>
>dave

Yes, the exhaust from an '83 will fit a 1980 Scirocco. However, you will
experience a power loss since you will be downgrading from the dual
exhaust manifold to a single outlet manifold.

However, you could swap out the cat back stuff, depending on which motor
the '83 has. Early 1983 U.S. Sciroccos had the EN motor, late '83
Sciroccos came with the JH motor. The exhaust on these two motors is a
little different [I am looking at my VW Muffler Systems Quick Reference
Catalogue 1979-1989].

Dave, give me a call tonight (or today).

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT