Re: Stainless brake lines

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> I've heard that some stainless brake lines leak or worse, break. Ive
> never seen or heard of this happening front any owner, just rumored on
> the net. Most of the SS lines sold now a days are all DOT lines.

    I put them on my car about two years ago.  I think they were from
Velocity Sprot Tuning.  I got them along with Ferrodo pads and Ate rotors.  I
live in Canada, and there is lots of salt on the roads in the winters.  I
can't say I've had any problems yet either.  I check them almost every time I
wash my car.  I have heard horror stories about them corroding.  Can anyone
else confirm this rumor first hand?

Sean Martin