Re: Stainless brake lines

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:30:37 -0600 "Zach Vrooman" <zach@discover-net.net>
writes:
>anybody got these on their 'rocc? I'm debating putting these on this
>spring. Good? Bad? Iffy? Please advise. TIA

Got em'.
Can be good. Just depends on the condition of you old lines. When they
get old, they get really soft and when you apply the brakes, they expand.
Makes for a squishy feeling. Eventually they break if ignored.
I've heard that some stainless brake lines leak or worse, break. Ive
never seen or heard of this happening front any owner, just rumored on
the net. Most of the SS lines sold now a days are all DOT lines.
Ive had mine for 6 years and I just did a visual inspection last night
and everything is still tight. No leaks, drips or runs.
I got mine from (Guess who) the Potterman way back when he was just a
Timmons flunkee. :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and