Re: Lou Brutus

Come on guys, all us radio folks are not that bad.  I just got back
from the Radio & Records Newspaper Talk Radio Seminar in DC and the
first thing I did was go to my Scirocco e-mail and I now feel I must
defend my chosen profession.

I am new to the list and I am by no means the type of person to
intentionally piss off anyone with non-Scirocco bandwidth so I am
sorry, but I do have to do this.

This "Lou Brutus" (gotta be an air name, and a bad one at that) my
indeed be a moron and some in the radio industry are.  However most,
such as myself, have struggled and paid our dues to the industry we
LOVE by making low wages, working VERY long hours, moving all over the
country to find the right job, putting up with "Is there school
tomorrow?" calls and had a blast doing it.  Radio is a passion, just
like the love of the Sicrocco, it gets in your blood and there is no
way to get rid of it.  I am finally doing all right, just added car
number three (87 Scirocco 8v) to the family, but it was a lot of hard,
dedicated work to get where I am, most who start out in radio do not
make it.  I am fortunate.

I love this list, Sciroccos and Radio.

Sorry to all you who hate non-Scirocco stuff, but if someone ripped on
something you love, such as your Scirocco, if the passion is there you
would do the same.

Craig Moore
87 Scirocco 8v
96 Tacoma 4x4

---Mark Peele <scirocco_s@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The guy's a moron. His comments were entirely berating to the
Scirocco.

> No big deal - I did not like the guy before this comment. Typical
> Morning DJ - an expert in everything - knows nothing.
>
> A little background: WHFS was once a progressive radio station. They
> played great music and played local bands too. Now they play the same
> stuff everyone else does. Then they make a big deal about their
> "history". They talk about "new music", yet only play stuff that's
been
> market tested in LA or NY.
>
> Anyway, that's probably the kind of response "lou brutus" wants.
>
> On the bright side, there's a band member that obviously loves
Sciroccos
> (2 of 'em). Maybe some of us local folks will run into the guy.
[maybe
> he's on the list]. He probably did not like being made fun of either.
>
> end of transmission.
>

> >At 12:27 PM 2/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >>anyone in the area know whfs phone number i have nother to do all
day
> so
> >>i think i will harass him if i can get through to the station
> >>joans
> >

> >  Is it really worth all this attention? The comment he made didn't
> seem to
> >be that big of a deal to me. All he said was that there were
> practically
> >none of them on the road, right? Am I missing something?
> >
> >  But if you want to take cheap shots at the guy, think about this.
> With
> >what most "DJs" get paid, he probably couldn't afford a Scirocco.
He'd
> have
> >to take out a loan to buy a pair of used Nikes. The fry cooks at
> McDonalds
> >are living large compared to these guys. So maybe it was just
> jealousy...
> >
> >Brad

majordomo@scirocco.org.

==