Re: {tech} axle bolt/trans

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 00:41:11 -0500 "mark hausler"
<greenchester@scirocco.zzn.com> writes:
>Hey all,
>
>Do I have to remove the axle nut to remove the trans?

Only if you plan on removing the axle(s). I highly recommend you just
remove the drivers side axle. Just tie up the passenger side axle but if
you remove it, you can top off the grease factor in both inner CV's much
easier!

> Also can I get by without removing my lower stress bar.

Nope. Its simple. Just shoot out the bolts and set the bar aside. Gives
you so much room to work with.

>Again I have heard that you should replace this bolt once
>removed. Another part I really don't want to f__k with.

For the lower stress bar? No way dude. No need to replace, just reuse it.

>I know this is not a simple job, but don't want to make it
>harder than necessary. Too much Red Hook making me worried.

Its not that hard, just time consuming. I'll be out there tomorrow
morning prepping and installing my gone over and updated 4K ( Thanks to
Dr. Berk! BTW, it wasn't a 9A like you said but I still got's much love
for ya.) just in time for the Autox Sunday at Cal Club! FF's SUCK!! 1WD
just plain sucks. It will be good to have the mini slip action going
again and I will also have the .40 diff kit in there as well as the .71
5th gear too. The close ratio trans should prove to be most interesting
on the course. Finally I can use 3rd gear.............. ALOT!! :)

>ps is dat dere a Meze car on this here e-mail domain page?  (upper
>corner)

Uh, probably not. Its too cool looking to be my car. :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and