{tech} axle bolt/trans

Hey all,

Do I have to remove the axle nut to remove the trans? Some books say yes, Bentley doesn't say a thing about it. I really don't want to deal but if I have too... Also can I get by without removing my lower stress bar. Again I have heard that you should replace this bolt once removed. Another part I really dont want to f__k with.
	I know this is not a simple job, but don't want to make it harder than necessary. Too much Red Hook making me worried.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4

ps is dat dere a Meze car on this here e-mail domain page?  (upper corner)