Re: electric rocco?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:17:28 PST "noodle noggin" <scirocco82@hotmail.com>
writes:
>I want to build an electric scirocco. I have been interested in electic
>cars for a while, and I just read an article about electric cars some of

>them had like 130hp. Does anyone know of info on this sort of thing?
>Also would the 8 spoke empis off of the old water cooled cars work on
>ours? I had a set on my '67 type III and loved 'em. Might be to
>round-y-ish (higly technical term) for the square lines.
>thanks again, dave gray

My High School built one a number of years ago! They built a MK-I all
electric and they raced the thing all over the place. Finished 1st a
bunch of times with it too! I wouldnt of known about it at all excpept
that I walked into it at the Del Mar Fair. Of course they had alot of
local high tech manufactures donate the vast majority of the parts needed
to make it work ect. It was quite an impressive car. I wish I had gotten
pictures of it. I dont know if they still have the car or not. I recall
they brought it out for a local autox event once. Havent seen or heard of
it since.
I wonder if the H/S has a web site...... I'll check it out.....

I think, dont know for sure, but I think the air cooled wheels are a
larger bolt pattern and wont work. If they do, they wont be hub centric.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and