RE: Cooling Question?

first, check to see if your radiator is clogged with debris (bugs and
such), when was the last time you changed the coolant and thermostat?
have you ever had your radiator and engine back-flushed?  i think you
have the two speed fan?  (the radiator fan switch will have 3 wires).
make sure your high speed setting is working, mine wasn't, it was always
on low.  when it gets hot, pop the hood and see if it's on high.  if it
isn't, you probably need a new switch, so think about getting the lower
temp fan switch.  if you are a control freak (like me) and want to turn
the fan on/off manually, you can run a wire form the fan relay to a
switch on the dash, that cured my chronic overheating.  redline water
wetter also helps, especially if you run mostly water with hardly any
coolant (only if you are sure you won't be in any freezing temps)  i run
about 15% coolant and 85% water with redline water wetter, my needle
stays at about the half way point most of the time.

chris
86 16V scirocco