Re: Cooling Question?

At 01:29 PM 2/19/99 , Slink wrote:

> I have a 85 scirocco wolfburg ed. and I live in NYC.  As a daily driver I
> noticed that the car runs very hot when I'm stuck in NY's lovely stop and go
> traffic.  I would like to know what would be the best way of lowering the
> temp.  Also, I would like to know if my car came with the oil cooler that is
> in the 85 GTI, and if it is possible to either add another fan or install a
> fan with added power.
>
> thank you

Hey there,
 I had the same problem.  Got a low-temp fan switch from Mark at Adirondack
for
$12.00 (I think) and it cured the problem completely.  I stay pegged at the
middle of the guage all the time.
 If your fan is working properly, you shouldn't be getting that hot, unless
your thermostat is stuck partially closed, or the radiator is clogged with
nastiness...

 HTH
 Jason