RE: Questions, questions, questions.

> One thing to note, though.  The kit my mechanic used didn't include
> some
> particular bracket that is necasary for sciroccos.  He said that for
> some
> reason the scirocco requires a bracket replacement when doing the
> shifter
> bushing kit.

i think that's the one that goes underneath that goes around the main
shaft before it gets to the vertical shaft.  the main shaft goes through
a hole and there's a plastic (or something) bracket there.  when it
goes, your shifter will move side to side about 1 to 2 inches.  this is
not included with the $10 bushing kit, and does need to be ordered
separate.  this is something for all you guys to check if you are having
trouble getting it into either 1st or 5th.

chris
86 16V scirocco