Fwd: Common Leak on passengers side?

>Howdy guys, I know this post has gone around but would somebody mind
>filling me in on the infamous leak on the passengers side?
>Is it usually the a/c unit?  What kind of fix?
>
>Thanks in advance, a friend who isn't online just bought a rocco, and
>asked if I knew why it would be leaking there.

In my old 1980 rust bucket, the A/C condenser drain pipe was clogged.
[probably why it rotted out - it was gone when I bought it] It runs down
the center console through a hole in the carpet out the bottom of the
floor pan. So, if after running the A/C, the pass side gets wet, this
may be your prob.

Another possibility is the fresh air intake in the "rain try" on the
pass side (where the fresh air comes in the interior). If the seal is
bad here water can come in.

good luck!

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S