passenger side motor mount

The mechanic wanted to charge you $300?????  He has got to f*cking crazy!!  I can't see how it would take an experienced mechanic 6 hrs to do the job, maybe someone doing fit for the first time, but sheeit, that is a lot of $$

I did mine two weeks ago, and as Mark said, it was a PITA, but definitely doable for the first timer (I was), especially if your alternative is $300.

You have to take off the upper and lower timing belt covers and to do this you have to take off the water pump and crank shaft pulleys.  After you do that, it is all there in front of you to play with.  Re-read the emails from the list, but you may also want to check out
http://www-pal.usc.edu/~jan/cars.html under the heading SUSPENSION.

Don't pay a mechanic to do this if you have the time and the tools.  Figure it will take an entire afternoon.  You may want to take it to a mechanic or machine shop to get them to press the mount in the bracket (make sure it goes in the bracket in the same orientation as the original), or save yourself a lot of trouble and get the mount already pressed into the bracket from Virtual World or Adirondack.

Victor