RE: rpm's shot up w/defogger on?

This makes complete sense. My black car, which presumably doesn't have any
freon, has the high-rpm problem (mine usually hits about 1900, but not all
the time). I was just running my red (summer) car with working a/c last
night after I successfully got my motor mount in (YEAH!!!), and the idle
stayed roughly the same with the a/c on, though you could hear that the
engine was under more load from the compressor.

I had assumed that whatever bumps the idle with the a/c would be connected
with whatever senses the freon levels. Thus, the engine wouldn't bump the
idle up if the compressor didn't engage. It makes sense that this was an
incorrect assumption.

Neal