Re: [tech] torque on headgasket?

In a message dated 2/16/99 6:37:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
apelle62@MAIL.CAPS.MAINE.EDU writes:

> I get that slimmy white stuff during the winter in maine.  my vws
>  have always done this I believe it is condensation from being hot and
>  then cold and so forth.
>  hth
>  Tony

On the Volvo list, the general agreement that whilest yes, it could mean a
head gasket, more often than not it's from short, quick trips in the car where
the car doesn't get the chance to fully warm up. My Saab gets it too, as it's
my wife's car, which isn't used as much as my car (which never gets it.)

Benjamin
New London, CT
93 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 164k miles
85 Saab 900 Turbo 224k miles (the AutoXer)
84 Volvo GLT Turbo Wagon 189k miles (4 sale)
78 AMC Gremlin 76k miles (don't ask)
Impending VW Scirocco 16v purchase :-)