Re: [tech] [gas tank] pre-transfer pump tanks [FI]

Mark Peele wrote:

> In this case the tank is a 1981 Scirocco.
>
> I suspect that there is residue or something worse in the tank.
<snip>
> The fuel pump was complaining like it was trying to
> pump goo or something.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Mark Peele

Like our good Mr. Hopkins I was thinking you could drain the tank then
run some solvent type stuff, (Straight Techroline/ Lubro Molly?) through
it- Just as a treatment, not to be left in contact with the tank or
other components for an extended period.

The way I would do it is to yank the fuel inlet off of the pump and
drain the tank into a bucket.
It sounded like Ewan was mentioning the filler inlet hose, I'm thinking
the "out to pump" hose would be the lowest point possible.

>From what I understand, Gasoline is flammable, so take care.

Last thing- Someone I read said that they put their injectors in an
ultrasonic cleaner (the kind used to clean jewelry) with something like
Techroline, and they came out ultra clean w/ a restored spray pattern.
Maybe it's urban legend-  Anybody done this?

TBerk