Re: climate controls

Night Shadow wrote:

> > This brings up a question:  Has anyone ever converted their heater
> > controls to cable actuation?  It seems to me that would be more
> > reliable than vacuum.
> >

> Yes I did when I removed my AC...I put in the Heater Only box out of a
> different rocco, and brought the cable controls with it....they aren't any
> more reliable as far as I'm concerned....the slider part tends to break,
> the plastic gets old and brittle and eventually breaks....
>
> Eric
> (currently reaching under the dash to open/close my defrost vents)

I found a replacement heater control w/ cable attached (used). I'd like
to think I could keep from snapping another lever (plastic) if I could
find a source for new cable. It's like bike brake cable but it's solid
instead of twisted cable.

TBerk

Note- the early cars used mechanical levers and cables to control stuff,
the A/C equipped cars mostly do it with vacumm.