Re: front end/hood bra? opinions??

> Rich Zuk wrote:
>
> 88 16V:
> What does the list think about having one of these...
> get it or don't get it...  stupid or cool... waste of money or good
> buy?
>
> I have access to a front end black leather bra.  It covers the whole
> bumper and small part of hood.  It has small white letters "SCIROCCO"
> on it.
> He wants $25 for it, he paid $75 a while back.
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.   Peace
> Rich Z
> NYC 88 16V

I'll reply, even before I read the other replies- something I trained
myself off of doing.

I purchased my '81 with it's beautiful Cosmo Blue (silver) paint job and
it came with a nasty rust stripe across the hood and fenders were the
previous owner had left the bra in place.
< Expletive deleted >  Oh the shame, the horror.

If you must, then treat it as a Sunday cruise, see me at the show type
option and leave it off otherwise.

>From a functional standpoint it would be nice if traveling a long
distance but you _must_ take the thing off and

1. Rinse it out and

2. Recondition the paint underneath.

$0.01 + $0.02
(Inherited the 1st penny)