2.0 Conversion questions (A1)

Hi,

I have questions about the Injection/Ingition options for the audi 2.0
to A1 conversion.

I put the Audi 80 2.0 engine + '84 GTI head in my '81 Scirocco and kept
the CIS injection
system as is for now.  (I know, this doesn't really work well...) I plan
on installing the
knock sensor as described in David's page, but was wondering about the
benefits to
upgrading this to CIS-E or the European CIS config that FastForward
sells.  What are
the diferences ?

I assume I have the 60mm ? small plate in my stock config, so that alone
can be improved.

Can some one point me to a good writeup on CIS ?

Also, I have heard problems with the oil pump/pan into the A1.  I
installed the Audi engine
with its pump and pan with fitment problems.  It is a little lower than
stock.  What are people
referring to ?

Last, I tried the 'adapted' VW distributor, but it is not a good fit.  I
plan to use the audi distributor.
anything I should be aware of there ?

Thanks !

Maurice De Vidts