Re: Oxs Sensor

At 01:11 PM 2/13/99 -0500, Stormer wrote:
>I have a 85 scirocco 8v Wolfsburg.
>It has 131,000 miles
>The other day when i was driving the Oxs light came on. I know this has
>to do with exhaust.
>What does the light mean? What do i have to do? How much will it cost?
>How do i do it?

All it means is that it is recomended that you replace the OXS sensor.  You
shouldn't pay more than $30 for one; and get a Bosch.  Just slide the
coolant resevoir up and out of the way(without disconnecting it).  You may
have to work it a bit, but it will come out.  Then you will see the little
black box you've already heard about.  It's the one with a wire harness and
speedo cable going into it.  Take a pen or something small and pointy and
push the white button.  You will here it click.  This will reset the light
for another 30k miles.  As for the OXS sensor, all you need is a new one
and a wrench.  It is located on the back of the intake manifold and is an
easy thing to replace.  Good luck.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)