Re: oxs sensor cont.

Stormer wrote:

> Along with the oxs light comming on, I have been only getting 18-20 mpg,
> when i start the car the idle pulses between 700 and 1300 rpm, the car
> hesitates, and some times a hissing air leaking sound comes from under
> the steering wheel.
>
> I just want this car to run right, can you all help?

I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, but what year is your car? Does it
have Air Conditioning? (And on a further note; does the heater controls
make a hissing noise when you operate them?)

1. Proper tune, inc. OEM components (Bosch, MANN, etc.)

2. Air leaks in the fuel injection intake system. Inj. O-rings, split in
rubber boot, leaky vacuum hoses, etc. (Vacuum leak in

3. Poor grounding leading to low overall voltage as well as the
possibility of 'backwash' of current through the wrong components.

4. Could be that despite the O2 light not being directly connected to
the O2 system, it _is_ signaling a passage of miles therefore a passage
of hours of operation, based on miles run. In other words maybe the O2
sensor is on it's last legs anyway.

There's more I'm sure, maybe someone else will pick up the thread.

hth.
TBerk