Re: Oxs Sensor

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999, Speriod Ducum <htay@indiana.edu> quoth:
> If you look behind the radiator fill tank, you can see a little black box
> with a white switch...
>
> get a cloths hanger an d straighten it leaving a little hook to it....
>
> use it to depress the white botton and the light will disappear...

Or (this worked on my '87 8v, yours might be different.), if you look at
the radiator fill tank, it's on a bracket - it slides up, and then is out
of the way.  Without disconnecting the hose from the bottom, I was able to
slide it up out of the way enough to reach in there with a small piece of
dowel, and hit the reset button for the OXS light.

> else you can spend $100 up to get the oxy sensor....

I spent $28 for mine (Bosch, of course) at Auto Zone.  Installed in about
an hour.

-Pat