Re: Weird Fuba (?) problem

Dave Novak wrote:

> Ok, this... I just can't explain.
>
> '81 Scirocco. Stock exterior. I installed a Fuba in the usual place.
>
> I'm cruising down the highway at about 80-85mph, there arises this weird
> knocking sound.
>
> It comes from the back of the roof.. right about where the Fuba is. It's
> like someone is knocking on the roof about 4 or 5 times a second.
>
> It's happened a few times, and I just can't stick my head out the window
> and look at the roof while barreling down the highway at 85mph.
>
> I know I'm not insane. Well, for the most part.
>
> What the hell is this sound?
>
> Is it the Fuba freaking out cause of aerodynamic turbulence, or
> something?
>
> -Dave

Dave,

I have heard tell of folks who relate that they have gone fast enough to
have the Fuba knock against the rear glass. Get someone brave enough to
stick their head out at speed and verify what's happening. (Pls. be
careful)

Brainstorm on how to remedy comes up with; one or two layers of tight
fitting shrink tubing to stiffen the mast.

hth,
TBerk