Weird Fuba (?) problem

Ok, this... I just can't explain.

'81 Scirocco. Stock exterior. I installed a Fuba in the usual place.

I'm cruising down the highway at about 80-85mph, there arises this weird
knocking sound.

It comes from the back of the roof.. right about where the Fuba is. It's
like someone is knocking on the roof about 4 or 5 times a second.

It's happened a few times, and I just can't stick my head out the window
and look at the roof while barreling down the highway at 85mph.

I know I'm not insane. Well, for the most part.

What the hell is this sound?

Is it the Fuba freaking out cause of aerodynamic turbulence, or
something?

-Dave
'81 Scirocco
'81 Scirocco (FOR SALE!)