A/C recharge Uptate

Thanks everyone who helped me out with my A/C problem.

For those interested I called all the a/c places around here.  The price for
the refigerent ranged from $55.00 per lb to 32.00/lb.  Just for kicks I called
VW they said it would cost $175.00 total.(yea right)  So I went with the
$32.00,  It took a pound and a half and she gave me a student discount so the
total came to $40.00.  Now it's coolder then I can ever remember.  She also
tested for leaks too with some thingamabepper and found none. Now I just need
to fix the fourth speed.  She said it is probably a cracked resistor, and can
be repared fairly easily, does that sound right? Has anyone done that job?
Thanks agian

Brian 86 16v (Nicein Icin cold)