Re: Fuel ratio oddly fixed

Aren't you stoked when you FINALLY get your car running perfect after so
many frustrating hours?? :) God, I spent about 6 months with a misfire I
could NOT figure out, I replaced distributor, wires, etc.. 2 days ago, I
replaced the old crusty idle screw o-ring and the vacuum hoses, that helped
a bit, not completely though, and then yesterday I checked the coil (i
thought i checked it b4..) and there were carbon tracks down the tower! I
threw in my msD Blaster and voila! the car ran like NEW! I swear It has
15-25 more horsepower! It kicks ass now, I raced my friends 280zx-turbo (14
sec car)  and we were totally even until 90 mph, what a difference :) I had
to share that since it seems you had a similar experience

I know exactly how ya feel

At 11:39 PM 2/11/99 EST, you wrote:
>Fuel ratio oddly fixed.
>After replacing many parts:
> Ignition module
> Plugs & wires
> O2 sensor
> Injector rings
> Coil
> Fuel filter
> Tach adapter for MSD CD Ignition Unit
>You know what after all that I was still running lean. As we pondered over my
>motor during a Cigarette/Beer break one of the freaky shop guys asked if I
had
>used ingecter cleaner to make sure my injectors weren't fowled up and
clogged.
>Well can I tell you we feel stupid since I hadn't thought of that and boy
>after getting some iffie gas traveling cross country and cannada. Well after
>two tanks of good gas (which I always use 92 an up, except for in montana
when
>87 was the highest I could find) and injector cleaner I noticed all my
>readings go up and my cars power and ability to break its little tires loose
>all the way into 3rd gear, when pushed hard was nuts.
>I have to say I haven't been this happy with the car since I first got to
>drive it almost 6 years ago.
>
> I would like to thanks  everyone for all there advice and help
>I got a lot of up keep done to my car that it was needing through it.
>To bad the final fix was so cheap and effective
>Later y'all <---- Had to say it!
>~Danny~
>
>--

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!