Scirocco S colors (North America)

Although the brochures are not definative, these are the colors that my
dealer brochures list for Scirocco S models.

1979: no mention of an S model. I have a R&T article reviewing the 1979
Scirocco 5 speed limited edition. This car was essentially a Scirocco S
- but no Scirocco S badge. In fact, the article indicates that the
appearance package would be available in model year 1980 as the Scirocco
S.

1980: Mars Red, Alpine White, and Black
1981 Cirrus Gray, Cosmos Silver Metallic (not Diamond Silver as I
previously thought), Mars Red, Alpine White, and Black.

I personally have owned two of the Cirrus Gray 1981 Scirocco S (dark
metallic gray) and an Alpine White 1980 Scirocco S.

I have a friend with a 1981 Scirocco S in Cosmo Silver. I believe Mike
Potters Gray Scirocco S is a 1980 model.

To illustrate the non-definativeness of the 1981 brochure, the text
states "Scirocco S available exclusively in Cirrus Gray Metallic, Cosmos
Silver Metallic, and Mars Red." Yet, the photo on the same page shows an
Alpine White Scirocco S and a Black Scirocco S. :-)

I have a 1981 Scirocco accessories brochure as well - you should see
this - it has what looks to be Kamei Front spoiler/side skirts
avalaible, as well as a fresh air hood scoop. Also listed is what looks
to be a Zender rear hatch spoiler (back of hatch mount). I have part
numbers for all this crap if you want to try your luck at a dealer :-)

I will try to get all these scanned for the website as soon as I get a
scanner.

I personally (at the showroom and on the street) have seen only the
colours listed above.

As an aside - I hope to have my 1981 Scirocco S in my possession shortly
(there is this small matter of a fuel pump).

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT