Fwd: [Tech] Water Leakage from engine bay

>1) I still have a water leak.  I'm going to assume
>   its coming from the engine bay, because I've
>   checked the doors, seals, hatch and windshield.
>   I cannot for the life of me find any drains for
>   rain under the hood (by the wipers or else where).
>   a) So am I blind?
>   b) Where are they?
>   c) What am I looking for?

The MK2 drains are under the "windage tray" [where the wiper motor and
fresh air intake are located] are two "slots" on either end of the
"tray" [against the fender]. These could be clogged with debris.

Also, the gasket to the housing that lets the air into the interior
could be bad, allowing water to enter the interior. It is located on the
passnger side.

The windshield should be sealed with a silicone type sealant on BOTH
sides of the outer gasket [the glass side AND the body side]

Good luck!

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco