[Fwd: '81 Scirocco S: What is it and how much is it worth?]

>From r.a.m.v.w.....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: '81 Scirocco S: What is it and how much is it worth?
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:03:13 GMT
From: jkarolyi@my-dejanews.com
Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Hi again Volks Folks,

	I was basically given an '81 Scirocco S recently and was wondering
what was special about the "S" Scirocco.  I know a bit about VWs, and know
that '81 was the last year of the Mk1 Scirocco.  But as far as I know, the
"S" model was basically a sport appearance package with sport seats/interior,
Zender front spoiler, alloy wheels, and a red stripe.  Did it have different
suspension, or engine mods?  I believe they came with a 1.6 liter like the
rest of the Scirocco line, no?

	Though I originally had the idea that I wanted to race it in the SCCA
(due to a lot of nice mods on it), I own a Corrado already and will probably
want to sell the "S" soon.  I have no idea what the market price is for it.
Here are the details:

2 owner, 121,000 miles, no sunroof or AC, manual steering, nearly perfect
original "S" interior (no rips in uphostery, nice headliner, dash has cracks
but has a Scirocco specific cover), all original silver paint in good
condition (still shines), but has small rock chips in front and minor dings
here and there, original clutch, Bilstien struts, Neuspeed springs, Neuspeed
upper and lower strut braces and front and rear swaybars, Neuspeed throttle
body, urethane bushings, stock Corrado 15" rims (tires are OK but will need
replacing within a year), urethane bushings, runs and drives great.

I live in Chattanooga, TN...not exactly a hotbed of VW enthusiasts.  Most
people here would just as soon drive an '81 Camaro or F150.  :)  I am
thinking of asking $1800...too high or too low?  Any advice or info is
greatly appreciated...thanks!

E-mail to save bandwidth:  jkarolyi@my-dejanews.com

Jay Karolyi